Tuesday 8 March 2011


                 YOU WILL GET YOUR RDP IN HEAVEN
By: Masesing Monyobo
About 500 Soshanguve residents invaded the local Tshwane Municipal Office demanding allocation of RDP houses.
Distraught residents are demanding that council sector Mrs. Ngobeni evict people who have allegedly occupied the Reconstruction and Development Programme (RDP) houses illegally in Extension 13.
Angry residents of Soshanguve block H claim that they have been on the waiting list for the RDP since 1999 and they have still not been allocated houses whereas Pakistanis and other foreign nationals including police and nurses are given preference over them.
James Kgwele of Block H says “ it is more than 10years I have been on the waiting list, the second time I asked why I am still without a house they say if I want a fast process I must pay R1.500 and I will have the keys immediately”. Residents claim that the amount is paid individual municipal officials within the offices of Housing Services of the Tshwane Local Municipality.


                    

No comments:

Post a Comment